2013 was a strange year. It was good in a way, but at the end I did not feel satisfied. Not satisfied with the way a few things turned out, not satisfied by efforts (or lack of them) to stay fit, not satisfied with my hobbies! I felt it wasn’t an year well spent. I was lazy, I was unhealthy and I was stressed out! So here is a summary slightly on the lower side of excitement!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? Nothing worth mentioning!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next? I tried to, and got some success, do you remember what it was? I think I should be firm on my resolution for 2014!
3. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? What date? Can I forget the whole year?
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I know this post wants to make me happy about the year gone by, so I would say the only thing I felt I achieved, was satisfaction at work!
5. What was your biggest failure? Stress? Weight gain? Yeah they both came back!
6. Did you suffer illness? Umm, not really!
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Idiots :) Always! (This answer is constant)
8. Where did most of your money go? Buying a second home!
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? What was it? I think the trip to Coorg was something I got really excited about!
10. What song will always remind you of 2013? I heard a ton of awesome songs in 2013, but song that sticks out is ‘Sara Bareille’s Brave’.
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? I was quite happy last year this time. Not sure if I can say the same today :)
12. What do you wish you’d done more of? Maintaining my weight!
13. What do you wish you’d done less of? Getting stressed?!
14. Did you fall in love in 2013? Yes, with a lovely place called Bukhara! More with the name, than the place itself!
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery? Sara Bareille! And may be, Lorde!
16. What did you want and get? Travel, always makes me happy!
17. What did you want and not get? Some more photoshoots..., some more cooking…
18. What was your favourite film of this year? I do not watch a lot of Hindi films, but loved Kai Po Chhe.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28 in 2013, we cut a small cake at home under warm lights!
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Had I lost a few more kilos, I would have been immeasurably more satisfied! But, nevermind!
21. What kept you sane? Analytics!
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. Stop wasting time with people who do not matter and stop thinking about things that are irrelevant! (this comes back from last year)
23. Which new places did you visit in 2013? Oh some lovely places! Bukhara, Samarkand and Tashkent in Uzbekistan, Coorg, Coimbatore, Chennai…
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year – Clearly, Sara Bareille’s Brave –
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
Nothing’s gonna hurt you the way that words do
When they settle ‘neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you
Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave
So yes, I am looking forward to 2014 with a reworked enthusiasm and a promise to stop procrastinating! And oh, I am yet to figure our our vacation plans for 2014!