Our annual vacation is due next month, however, a blog post had been longtime overdue! Ideas were there, words were there, but the will to blog just wasn’t. Also, had got extremely busy (and still am to a large extent) due to the events that followed that night. I even stayed out of the kitchen for most of the last 3 months or so.
So finally, I got an award for my blog! This time, I got the same award from two different and awesome people I’ve known for some time now but never met! Lucille and Aditya Sanyal decided to poke me and bring my blog back to life!
So picking this from Lucille’s blog, for your information, the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s appreciation from fellow bloggers & your chance to introduce yourself to other awesome bloggers.
While that does make me feel good, I realise that I’ve not yet hit even 100 followers mark! I desperately need your help here guys, do follow :) I write about food, travels and conversations!
Now that I have got the Liebster Award, I am supposed to:
- Post 11 facts about myself
- Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has given me
- Tag 11 more Bloggers (with no more than 200 followers) & make 11 questions for them
- Tell the people I tagged that I did.
- No tagging back.
In my first job, we used to have “3-Fun-Facts about myself” introductions during meetings and such. 2 of them would be true and 1 would be fake. The rest would then be asked to guess the fake one, and hence know each other better! Today however, I will list 11 True facts as requested by my Liebster Award sponsors :P Oh, and you may have known some of them through this blog anyway :)
1. I love ice-creams, and can have one or more every single day!
2. My favorite music instrument is the Violin and my favorite piece of music is Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major!
3. So far, I’ve visited 10 countries outside India, flown a total of 85 flights on 19 different airlines through 27 different airports around the world. 7 of those 10 countries and 25 of those 85 flights happened in 2012. The message I’m trying to convey is that I’ve kept a track of all the flights I’ve ever flown :)
4. I love pedestal lamps, and prefer warm yellow light over the cold white tube-lights at home!
5. I hate liars and people who don’t stick to their commitments!
6. I was once thrown out of the classroom for laughing and being too happy! I had also thrown a book back at a school teacher because she had thrown another student’s book out of the door.
7. I love meeting people, talking and socializing. And strongly feel that people don’t feel the same with me :S
8. I’ve been blogging for more than 8 years now, and yet haven’t managed to get more than a 100 readers. What a shame! The point is that I do not blog to make people read it. I blog to maintain a personal diary of sorts!
9. My favorite number is 9. There is no mathematical or logical reason behind it. I like it, because, I think it just looks so good! :O
10. I can sleep all day! Especially if I am depressed, disturbed, or unwell!
11. I can cook!
Okay that was a long list! Don’t read too much into it. I know I am weird like that :) But let us get to the questions I’ve been asked. Since two people gave me the award, the list is somewhat a mix of questions from both. Thank God I don’t feel like being on Arnab’s show!
1. What is that one moment that defined you?
A. The moment I was born! :P
2. The best thing someone has ever said to you.
A. ‘I really like your confidence, even though you are grossly wrong at times!’
3. If you weren’t doing what you you’re doing currently, what would see yourself as?
A. May be a travel writer, or a restaurateur? I even once thought of setting up something similar to a ‘Dial-A-Maid’ service!
4. The best place you’ve travelled to, and the best memory associated to it. (Also, answers the question ‘A favorite place you’ve been to and now wish you lived there’)
A. I’ve travelled to some really lovely places around the world. Most of them have great memories associated with them. But if I have to pick one, it would be Seoul (Incheon) in South Korea. That was the first place I’d ever visited outside India, and I loved it for its lovely people, wonderful cuisine and amazing technology!
5. How did you deal with your first heart break?
A. Haven’t had one yet, but if I ever do, I’d go out and eat 50 scoops of ice-cream the whole day and not feel bad about it!
6. What is the worst piece of advice you’ve given someone?
A. I think all the advice I give people on matters of love and relationships are crappy! If you ever need an advice on relationships, do not come to me. I am being frank here!
7. If you could choose your name, what would you call yourself?
A. I’ve already done that. Aditto!
8. Have you ever done something stupid, and absolutely loved it? Temme about it.
A. Yes, of course! When I used to live in Baroda, the house behind ours had an old Lambretta scooter in their compound. Our compounds had a not so tall common wall. For some reason, its key would always hang on it instead of inside their cupboards! One fine afternoon, my cousin and I, jumped over the wall, took out the key, brought it back and put it behind the jars of pickles in our kitchen. It was only 3 days later when my grand-mom pulled me by the ear and took me to the kitchen that…
9. What is the worst Youtube video of yours, that became a viral sensation among your friends?
A. Never was a celebrity, but that actually happened with one of my wing-mates at hostel. I filmed him laughing his ass off watching Japanese anime and posted it on YouTube. He absolutely hated that video but was certainly a sensation amongst the rest of us! A few months later, he requested me to make the video private so that potential recruiters would not land on it while doing a background check on him.
10. Have you ever considered shaving your head, just for kicks? Would you?
A. Yes very much, and may go for it pretty soon! I am balding and have this opinion that a fully shaved head would give me a more confident and younger look than naturally losing strands of hair from the top and then from the sides! What do you guys think? Let me know, quick!
11. Favorite way to waste time?
A. Sleeping! I know I am guilty! When I was at IIT, on weekends I would sleep till 7 pm (yes, you read it right, P.M.). I would only get up to eat dinner and then go back to sleep!
Wow, that took some time to complete!
11 6 lucky bloggers are:
1. Oishee – also known as OM, is a wonderful Art of Living student and teacher!
2. Reema – Talks through her camera! Enjoy as she goes through her food trails around India!
3. Rohini – Read through her Mommy-blogging adventures!
4. Monica – She is on a mission to present Hyderabad to you like never before!
5. Revati – I’ve just started following this awesome blog and hope to read on! Her food blog makes me crave more than some other food blogs, because awesome food photography!
6. The Gal Nxt Door – No, I do not know her name, but I know that she is Living, Loving and Learning !
7. Rutuja – We first interacted thanks to blogging, are colleagues now! She needs a kick to blog often! :D
Yes, all the rest of you awesome bloggers have enough followers :) :P