I like you only little little * Kuch spicy khane ka mann kar raha hai * Aur bata, hows work? * I had got the highest marks in Marathi, in school * Geddata karo Sir, Get Data karo! * Tichi shitti wazli * Bhaiyya ek Mango cone aur ek Anjeer cup dena * Clocked 160kmph for the first time and what stability! * No Boss! * Mangoes kyun nahin aa rahe market me? * 1 M = 10 Lacs * Can Sir Ravindra Jadeja finish the game for India? * YOLO * How many zeroes did you put in the Crore? * Akka – S.I.S.T.E.R. – Sister, Nakka – F.O.X. – Fox, Kukka – D.O.G. – Dog * I got a DELL, no Lenovo for me :( * Naat, scootera * Is it Quora as in Kora, or Quora as in Que-ora? * Check out Amelia Boutique Hotel in Bukhara * Behind Harley Davidson showroom in Banjara Hills * I saw 17 peacocks today, including 4 peahens. KBR Rocks! * Usse Gujju mein baat kar, life set ho jaegi teri *Can you please call the pest control guy? * It is Jaliyan-wala Bagh not Jallian-wala Bagh as taught in Maharashtra Board History text books * Yippe * I am scared * I think we need to learn Telugu, no, they need to learn some Hindi, come on! * I want to study, please ask me Fill In The Blanks or True/False * Last day kab hai? * Chal futt * That defining moment when a spec of dust gets stuck under the “Ctrl” or “Alt” key on your laptop’s keyboard * I won’t let you guys go till you dance with me * Where do you stay? Dilshukh Nagar? Wow, that must be far! * Samba! * My wife wants to visit Serengeti *Yaar mere ghar pe phone ka network nahin aata, landline pe call karna * Somehow whenever I take such by-lanes, I always end up at a dead-end, and you are always able to find your way out! * Repu? Sayantram? Aaa * 2 people voted up your answer to the question: “What do people eat for breakfast outside of the US?” * Aee namak shamak, namak shamak, aa-haa-haa * So much pending work, so many things to do, procrastination is a terrible thing * Tu agle janam me kya banegi? Non-living things bhi chalenge! * Nigella is food porn. She isn’t just food porn, she is also, porn! * Bol Raja * There is a ban on eating rice * Sahi, congratulations :) AK kya bola? * Aaj tu fir lights off karna bhool gaya office jate time * Dear Aditya Ji * You don’t like pan? You mean Paan? * I thought you were in LA, that is Los Angeles. I had no idea it meant Learning Academy! * There are some new sushi restaurants in Hyderabad * Is this your iPhone5? It was lying in my room! * Please dial 1 for banking, please dial 2 for credit cards. Sorry, we did not understand your input. Please try again, else hang up * Do you want an input? * Chal bye *
Bonjour tout le monde!
I will keep this short and to the point – Starting Feb 8th, this blog hosted on WordPress.com, will only be accessible via the link http://aditto.wordpress.com and no longer be accessible via http://blog.aditto.info. Let me put it once more – you will reach my blog only via http://aditto.wordpress.com.
It is too much for me to renew the domain subscription every year and also the WordPress domain mapping. Henceforth, I will simply let WordPress be where it is!
What does it mean for you? That depends on how you access/reach my blog:
1. If you are subscribed via WordPress.com
No change for you :) Lucky yougaiz!
2. If you are subscribed via Feedburner
No change for yougaiz either!
3. If you have subscribed via feed aggregators such as Google Reader:
Please check your feed URL, and if necessary change it to http://aditto.wordpress.com/feed/ (Thanks :))
4. If you visit my blog via Twitter or Facebook shares
Going forward you will continue to receive the updates with the correct URL. Most historic links will however not work.
5. If you reach my blog through a Google Search Query result
I am hoping Google Search automatically reverts all blog.aditto links to aditto.wordpress links, since the suffixes will remain the same.
6. If you have linked my blog on your blog, either in a blog post or blog rollI am afraid but you may just need to update the link to http://aditto.wordpress.com/ (Thanks :))
If you are not yet subscribed to my blog, check the subscription options on the top or in the sidebar on the right. Or just leave your email ID in a comment below.
I hope I don’t lose any regular readers/subscribers with this change. I also hope the number of hits/day don’t go down!
Merci beaucoup :)
2012 was a surprisingly different, and a very exciting year for me. It turned out to be the year that defined ‘change’ and ‘happiness’. I got what I had wished for and I achieved what I had resolved to achieve. Here, as usual at the end of the year, I answer a few questions that define 2012 for me :)
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Lost weight! I’ve talked enough about it in the previous posts… go read!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next? I had a NY resolution for the first time ever. Yes I did manage to keep it! Not sure yet if I want to have a resolution for 2013.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The dates I remember from any year, are the ones on which I travel. March 2nd is the day we landed into Istanbul. The sight of the fully lit Bosphorus Bridge and monuments in Sultanahmet that I got from the descending aircraft, is not something I am going to forget for a very very long time to come.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year? The biggest achievement of the year, and perhaps of the last 27 years, was of course losing those 16kg!
5. What was your biggest failure? That is a very good question! (Which means, I do not have an answer for it!)
6. Did you suffer illness? A little bit, but nothing like 2010!
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Idiots :) Always! (This answer is getting constant)
8. Where did most of your money go? Travel, travel, travel, travel!
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Oh, so many things! The trip to Istanbul, my upgraded DSLR and finally, staying in a forest lodge in the core forest zone at Kanha!
10. What song will always remind you of 2012? I heard a lot of awesome new songs this year. But if I have to choose one song that will always remind me of 2012, it would be ‘Maroon 5′s Payphone’.
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? I was quite happy last year this time. I think I am equally happy right now. :)
12. What do you wish you’d done more of? Cooking!
13. What do you wish you’d done less of? Nothing, really!
14. Did you fall in love in 2012? Yes, yes. With all those pretty places I visited!
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery? Lenka!
16. What did you want and get? Don’t you remember I had asked for some traveling in my summary last year? And I have no clue who all read my blog, but travelling is what I did all round the year! For work, for family, for recreation, and for adventure!
17. What did you want and not get? Nothing really, let me think...
18. What was your favourite film of this year? I saw some really awesome films this year, but if I have to choose one, it would be “Life of Pi”.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I think I went for a nice dinner… I turned 27 in 2012.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Had I lost a few more kilos, I would have been immeasurably more satisfied! But, nevermind!
21. What kept you sane? Some cooking, lots of cooking actually! All those sad weight loss diets forced me to take control of the kitchen :) and it was fun!
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Stop wasting time with people who do not matter! (This has been reinforced in 2012)
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012? Oh so many! Copenhagen, Malmo, Munich, Salzburg, Milan, Prague, Istanbul – That makes it 7 countries. And also Bidar, Bangalore, Kochi, Jabalpur within India! And we have already started planning our 2013 vacations!
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year – This song by Gary Sachman/Alicia Lemke used by Matt Harding in his 2012 Where the Hell is Matt video:
Remember we’re lost together, Remember we’re the same;
We hold the burning rhythm in our hearts, We hold the flame;
We’re gonna trip the light, We’re gonna break the night;
And we’ll see with new eyes, When we trip the light!
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from: I do tags very rarely. Honestly, I do not remember who tagged me to this post, but ever since (2007), I’ve done it for each year. I am tagging ‘some’ of the awesome new bloggers I came across this year :) DI, Deepa, R’s Mom, Puneet, O
It has been a little more than 7 years since we got together at IIT… And this Sunday we celebrate our second wedding anniversary.
This photo for all of you who haven’t seen it yet on FB.
Oh and I just realised that the wedding blog we had created before our wedding is still active. Here is the link http://roshnai.aditto.info > Go read :)
This happens to be the first blog post composed on a phone.
Waking up early to remove the dough from the fridge on a cold morning, is a lot of fun. Trust me. I had prepared the dough the previous night and put it in the fridge for its first rise. Today, it is 15 C in Hyderabad and I am feeling quite cold. Happy about this, honestly :) Only thing I am worried about now is that the dough is taking more time than it should for its second rise.
Looks like this is my first ever post on a Diwali day~ So while the dough takes its sweet time to rise, I thought, I’d go online and give you a few updates.
Finally, November is here! I am not very sure why I was waiting for it so long, but I am surely not complaining. The weight-loss programme is finally, over! That means, I am also back to the normal diet I had wayyyy back in 2011. Yes, that is how long it took – could have been much faster had I not traveled so much. And no, I am not getting on the weighing scale till December 1st <rule #1>.
Now talking of traveling, this is the reason why I was waiting for November, may be! I am looking forward to traveling to Kerala and Gujarat this month. If you did not know, I am one who used to collect flight tickets, boarding passes, train and bus tickets etc. Now that I do not do that, I still keep a track of every time I’ve flown. So this month, I will be on my flight numbers 21, 22, 23 and 24, visiting destinations numbered 11 and 12, and 10th new destination (all numbers for 2012 only). Also, while we are at numbers – starting yesterday, each week at work this month will be just 2-3 days long :) Fantastic, isn’t it?
Talking of winter and travel, I am really waiting for our visit to Bandhavgarh and Kanha Tiger reserves in the last week of December. Those places are known to have the highest concentration of tigers in India and thankfully, the government has lifted the ban on tourism. I am sure tourism is doing more good than harm out there! The most exciting thing should however be – camp fires! Can’t remember when was the last time I enjoyed a camp fire. I think it was back in 2004 during the first year NCC camp at Kalaikonda Air Force Base.
Okay, confession of the day is that the bread just got done, and turned out to be a disaster. I should not have used the loaf tin for baking it and should have stuck to using the pan shaped tray instead. Not the best thing to do on a Diwali morning, I say!
Alright, so it is already post noon, and much after I started writing this post today. I will continue in this pseudo present tense, though. Twitter has taken away the joy of blogging about a lot of petit and unimportant-to-everyone-else things such as facts that I just played badminton for an hour and then cooled myself off with a glass of chilled pomegranate juice! Such updates are only for the micro-blogging platform these days. Wattodo?
Anyway, the point is, winter is here, and there is so much to look forward to before we wrap up this year! I had planned to do a Q3 review of 2012 since I had planned to change a few things that did not go so well last year, and wanted to check my progress, but I will just wait and let the year get over. Wait for the photos, and if you want to spend some more time on the question I asked at the end of the last para, you may, but trust me, the answer is still, very much, 42!