2012 was a surprisingly different, and a very exciting year for me. It turned out to be the year that defined ‘change’ and ‘happiness’. I got what I had wished for and I achieved what I had resolved to achieve. Here, as usual at the end of the year, I answer a few questions that define 2012 for me :)
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Lost weight! I’ve talked enough about it in the previous posts… go read!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next? I had a NY resolution for the first time ever. Yes I did manage to keep it! Not sure yet if I want to have a resolution for 2013.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The dates I remember from any year, are the ones on which I travel. March 2nd is the day we landed into Istanbul. The sight of the fully lit Bosphorus Bridge and monuments in Sultanahmet that I got from the descending aircraft, is not something I am going to forget for a very very long time to come.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year? The biggest achievement of the year, and perhaps of the last 27 years, was of course losing those 16kg!
5. What was your biggest failure? That is a very good question! (Which means, I do not have an answer for it!)
6. Did you suffer illness? A little bit, but nothing like 2010!
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Idiots :) Always! (This answer is getting constant)
8. Where did most of your money go? Travel, travel, travel, travel!
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Oh, so many things! The trip to Istanbul, my upgraded DSLR and finally, staying in a forest lodge in the core forest zone at Kanha!
10. What song will always remind you of 2012? I heard a lot of awesome new songs this year. But if I have to choose one song that will always remind me of 2012, it would be ‘Maroon 5′s Payphone’.
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? I was quite happy last year this time. I think I am equally happy right now. :)
12. What do you wish you’d done more of? Cooking!
13. What do you wish you’d done less of? Nothing, really!
14. Did you fall in love in 2012? Yes, yes. With all those pretty places I visited!
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery? Lenka!
16. What did you want and get? Don’t you remember I had asked for some traveling in my summary last year? And I have no clue who all read my blog, but travelling is what I did all round the year! For work, for family, for recreation, and for adventure!
17. What did you want and not get? Nothing really, let me think...
18. What was your favourite film of this year? I saw some really awesome films this year, but if I have to choose one, it would be “Life of Pi”.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I think I went for a nice dinner… I turned 27 in 2012.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Had I lost a few more kilos, I would have been immeasurably more satisfied! But, nevermind!
21. What kept you sane? Some cooking, lots of cooking actually! All those sad weight loss diets forced me to take control of the kitchen :) and it was fun!
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Stop wasting time with people who do not matter! (This has been reinforced in 2012)
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012? Oh so many! Copenhagen, Malmo, Munich, Salzburg, Milan, Prague, Istanbul – That makes it 7 countries. And also Bidar, Bangalore, Kochi, Jabalpur within India! And we have already started planning our 2013 vacations!
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year – This song by Gary Sachman/Alicia Lemke used by Matt Harding in his 2012 Where the Hell is Matt video:
Remember we’re lost together, Remember we’re the same;
We hold the burning rhythm in our hearts, We hold the flame;
We’re gonna trip the light, We’re gonna break the night;
And we’ll see with new eyes, When we trip the light!
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from: I do tags very rarely. Honestly, I do not remember who tagged me to this post, but ever since (2007), I’ve done it for each year. I am tagging ‘some’ of the awesome new bloggers I came across this year :) DI, Deepa, R’s Mom, Puneet, O